Thoughtful. Innovative. Attentive. Lisa Robertson Communications is dedicated to bringing its clients the results they want and the guidance they need to reach their consumers through print and electronic media.
Marketing, public relations and communications for the following industries:
- Travel and tourist destinations
- Child development and pediatric health
- Television production
- Healthcare, including physician/medical staff relations, managed care, hospitals, medical research and government programs
- Food and dining
- Education with expertise in Kindergarten readiness, special education issues, reading intervention, intervention best practices, IDEA 2004 legislation and RTI
Public Relations & Marketing Strategy
A solid roadmap is vital when determining a brand’s messaging goals. Lisa Robertson Communications works with brands to understand their needs and voice in order to create and execute marketing and public relations plans that will get them the exposure and results they need and deserve.
Targeting key messages to each audience is critical. We have extensive experience marketing to:
- Social media consumers and influencers.
- Families with children of all ages–infants, school-aged, tweens and teens.
- Low-income and low-literacy populations.
- Healthcare consumers and providers and medical researchers.
- Entertainers / entertainment industry professionals.
- Foodies and pop culture enthusiasts.
When it comes to working with influencers, we don’t just create lists and push out invitations and information, we seek out key opinion leaders that will become brand evangelists. We vet influencers and evaluates their authenticity, engagement and integrity so that brands can feel comfortable with the writers and social media channels spreading their message. Many firms make lists, but are they really taking the time to make sure that the influencers they work with are providing their clients with a return on their investment? That’s our specialty.
Social Media Strategy & Management
Social media is more than just a post, tweet, video or photo; it is an official line of communication between a brand and its audience. It is important for brands to create a social media strategy, calendar and messaging that adheres to their marketing strategy goals, voice and core values, and is realistic given the brand’s budget and resources. Lisa Robertson Communications works with brands to come up with targeted campaigns and ongoing management that are the right fit for who they are and what they can afford. Once we implement your campaign, we can even run your channels’ community management.
Copywriting & Website Architecture
Powerful, targeted communications are the key to being heard. We have provided done it all–from executive ghostwriting to newspaper and magazine features to internal and external communications and beyond.
- Social media content.
- Executive ghost writing for Disneyland Resort executive Cynthia Harris, as well as Health Net president and CalOPTIMA board of directors.
- Freelance feature writing (see below) and newsletter creation (see below).
- PR/influencer pitches and sample stories for Knott’s Berry Farm (samples available upon request) and CHOC Children’s Foundation (actual pitch letter available upon request).
- Internal communications for Health Net of California, SAG-AFTRA Health Plan & SAG-Producers Pension Plan, and the Disneyland Resort.
- Radio and print advertising for CalOPTIMA.
- Email / email promotions for CHOC Children’s and MouseMingle.com.
- Website writing (see below for partial samples).
- Public messaging for consumers for the Disneyland Resort
- Creating overall brand voice and nomenclature for MouseMingle.com and CHOC Walk (part of the CHOC Children’s Foundation).
Lisa Robertson Communications has created a number of highly complex websites for Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC). Each website is developed after carefully researching the hospital’s competition and the unique treatments available. Websites were written in order to give CHOC the edge over its competitors by creating innovative content and health education information often not found elsewhere on the internet. Each site is heavily researched and planned out with an extensive marketing and infrastructure plan before it is written and launched. Some of the sites include:
- Pediatric Urology. Lisa Robertson Communications wrote and edited all of the site text and worked with an artist to create custom artwork to help parents better understand their children’s medical conditions. The unique, SEO-focused in-depth information on this “micro-site” made this section of choc.org the most visited area of the entire site.
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis.
- Pediatric Radiology.
- Pediatric Surgical Services with the only surgery guide written specifically for teens addressing their concerns for before, during and after surgery.
- Web page example featuring patient walk-through video experience shot, scripted and voiced by Lisa Robertson Communications.
Newspaper and Magazine Columns and Features
Lisa Robertson’s writing has been featured both in print and online. Most notably, she has written for the Orange County Register, the Walt Disney Company’s Main Street Magazine, OC Family Magazine and So Cal Magazine, among others.
- A Heartfelt Glimpse Inside Walt Disney’s Apartment (Orange County Register, May 2012 print/online)
- Understanding Autism (OC Family online and February 2013 print edition)
- If you chose wisely, TV can be a good teacher (Orange County Register, June 2014 online/print)
- Parents can help older siblings prepare for new baby (Orange County Register, April 2014 online/print)
- Disneyland Resort expert shares tips for navigating the parks (Orange County Register, May 2014 online/print)
- Glam Camp (Orange County Register, July 2013 online/print)
- 5 things not to say to a mom of three boys (Orange County Register, January 2014, online/print)
Additional Writing Samples
- Excerpts written for hospital overview brochure intended for marketing to medical professionals and donors.
- Excerpts from brochure marketing brochure intended for families, medical professionals and donors on cardiology services. Managed the production of brochure from beginning to end, including working with designer on photography selections, editing, etc.
- Sample Health Net member newsletter. Wrote, edited, selected photography and managed production.
- Sample Health Net Seniority Plus newsletter. Wrote, edited, selected photography and managed production.
- Sample physician newsletter for Medicaid managed care providers (physicians).
Extensive collection of work samples available at LisaRobertsonPortfolio.com
- Speech writing and coaching
- Television concept / pitch development and presentation
- On-camera hosting, on-camera coaching, video editing, and production services
- Graphic design services and assistance in vetting design and brand look